October 15 branch meeting program about Women in Charge was Washington State Supreme Court Chief Justice Barbara Madsen. She shared with us her journey to the highest position in the highest court in our state. We also enjoyed hearing from all our Tech Trek summer program grads (those PINK shirts).
Public Policy: Candidates Forums
Our Branch co-sponsored Candidates Forums with the League of Women Voters at the Port Townsend Community Center.
- September 22, the candidates for County Commissioner and PUD
- October 4, the candidates for WA State Senate, District 24
- October 13, discussion of initiatives I-735 (Constitutional amendment) and I-1464 (Public funding of elections).
Meetings – click here for calendar
Please come to our meetings! Women in Charge is our theme for the year. October 15 we featured Justice Madsen and the young women we sent to Tech Trek this summer. Upcoming November meeting are Women in Radio.
AAUW Port Townsend is the largest AAUW branch in the state of Washington.
The branch includes nearly 200 active and involved members living in and around the historic seaport town of Port Townsend, Washington. We have been active advocates for women and education since the branch was founded in 1948.
The Port Townsend Branch of AAUW is committed to making a significant impact on education and equity for all women and girls. We will remove barriers and develop opportunities for all women and girls in East Jefferson County to reach their full potential.
- to support economic opportunities for women and girls;
- to support educational equity for women and girls;
- to advocate equity in public policy;
- to honor women who demonstrate leadership and commitment.
In principle and in practice, AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.
Our Branch Governing Documents
See our By Laws and other policy documents.