Public Policy: Candidates Forums
Our Branch will be co-sponsoring three upcoming Candidates Forums with the League of Women Voters, each at the Port Townsend Community Center from 7 to 9 pm.
- Thursday, September 22, the candidates for County Commissioner and PUD will speak.
- Tuesday, October 4, will feature Kevin Van De Wege and Danille Turissini, the candidates for WA State Senate, District 24.
- Thursday, October 13, will feature a discussion of initiatives I-735 (Constitutional amendment) and I-1464 (Public funding of elections).
Meetings – click here for calendar
Our high school scholarship winners and STEM awards 2016. Click here to read more…
Our University Women’s Foundation (UWF) Annual Meeting and celebration of our scholars was a touching finale to our AAUW-PT year! It was quite special to gather with the scholarship recipients and their families, hear their stories and celebrate together. Our branch is very proud to be assisting such noteworthy scholars in the pursuit of their ambitious educational goals. Congratulations and best wishes to them all! For 2016 we granted $49,000 in scholarships to deserving local young women and girls of East Jefferson County. This would not be possible without the support and effort from all of the AAUW-PT members throughout the 2015-2016 year. Every member should applaud each other for the educational impact we make in our community.
AAUW Port Townsend is the largest AAUW branch in the state of Washington.
The branch includes nearly 200 active and involved members living in and around the historic seaport town of Port Townsend, Washington. We have been active advocates for women and education since the branch was founded in 1948.
The Port Townsend Branch of AAUW is committed to making a significant impact on education and equity for all women and girls. We will remove barriers and develop opportunities for all women and girls in East Jefferson County to reach their full potential.
- to support economic opportunities for women and girls;
- to support educational equity for women and girls;
- to advocate equity in public policy;
- to honor women who demonstrate leadership and commitment.
In principle and in practice, AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.
Our Branch Governing Documents
See our By Laws and other policy documents.